When selecting colors for a child’s room should consider a number of unwritten rules:
- floor should be darker than the walls;
- For small children, choose bright and cheerful colors;
- Each color has its psychological effects: red, orange – stimulants, blue and green calm, etc,;
- for hyperactive children is better to choose calm tones, for a peaceful and quiet – on the contrary;
- if the room overlooks the sunny side, it is better to prefer cold tones (blue, green, pink);
- If the room rarely get the sun’s rays, it is necessary to draw in warm colors (yellow, orange).
If the size of the room allows, it should be divided into several zones: a game room, bedroom, study.
The baby is growing very fast, and he needs more movement, fun and entertainment. And if you have two children and their age is significantly different, it is necessary to consider the possibility of separating children’s room (if possible) – for each child should be not less than 6 sq.m.
If your child needs more space for games and toys, the adult teen room decor is much more important and the ability to retire. After all, at this age appear hobbies and special interests, respectively, a child needs its own separate area of calm.
Taking into account that the children’s room will change frequently, you must think in advance the location of radiators, the layout of electrical appliances and outlets, must not forget the required amount of lamps and fluorescent lighting. Even after several changes of interior decor and they have to be functional.
Do not forget about the safety of a child’s room:
- most important – is durable furniture without sharp edges and protrusions. It is desirable that the furniture was made from natural, environmentally friendly materials, which do not contain phenol resins and other toxic substances;
- if presence of high cupboards and shelves must be checked reliability of their fastenings;
- little children should not sleep on the top bunk bed, it is better to give preference to two twin beds;
- It is not recommended to put a chair or bed at the windows;
- No glass cabinets and crockery;
- obligatory point – safety windows locks;
- hot surface of radiators must be protected grille;
- remember about electricity: For security reasons, it is important not to forget that the electrical sockets should be inserted protective plastic caps and lamps should be securely attached to the cap, the ideal option – to use a hidden wiring.